Kalpa is an Italian consultancy company for the design of embedded systems. It boasts a team of experts able to follow the design, development, testing, and certification phases.
Thanks to a strong focus on innovation, many medium-sized and large multinational companies have turned to Kalpa to develop new products/devices connected with the IoT and Industry 4.0 sectors.
- Obtaining a versioned, documented and automated infrastructure in order to overcome the limitations of a manually created and manually managed infrastructure.
- Improving and automating the workflow of developers, reduce the management effort of test, build and deploy infrastructures by minimizing the direct access to the infrastructure.
- Centralizing both the resources and the applications logs along with the audit logs of the AWS API calls in a single dashboard to speed up the identification and resolution of either errors or malfunctions.
- Through the use of AWS CloudFormation and, therefore, the implementation of the Infrastructure-as-code paradigm, Kalpa obtained documented, versioned and uniform development environments, useful to fully test the integrations between code and infrastructure.
- Introduction of multiple Continuous Delivery Pipelines based on AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and AWS Fargate services each one for every development need, from front-end to back-end.
- Centralization of both resources and applications logs using the combination of AWS services and features such as AWS Kinesis Firehose for uploading data to an Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Amazon S3 for long-retention, with a Kibana dashboard on-top for their consultation. Furthermore, by integrating AWS CloudTrail with AWS CloudWatch and Kinesis it is also possible to send AWS account's API calls history logs to the Amazon Elasticsearch Service.
Thanks to the implementation of the Infrastructure-as-Code, Kalpa gained control and management autonomy over the architecture.
The creation of a CI/CD pipeline allowed Kalpa to go from weekly deployments to daily deployments, minimizing direct accesses to the infrastructure by the development team.
The centralization of the monitoring of resources and logs has made it easy to identify the causes of malfunctions thus allowing for effective and timely resolution interventions.
ABOUT BESHARP AND AWS
beSharp and Kalpa have worked together at the creation of a model infrastructure, an infrastructure that is modular and which can be configurable ad hoc, based on the different environments.
With on-the-job training, beSharp's Cloud Experts trained Kalpa developers team on the concepts the Cloud paradigm is based on. As a technological partner, beSharp works alongside them to implement the most innovative services and the most value-added improvements for the company.
beSharp team also handled the design of the new architecture in line with the best practices of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.AWS Well-Architected Framework.